Thursday 19 February 2009

DeadShed 2009 Show-Reel now online!

Click the link below to see it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6lUqqnVcaw

I actually had this completed about a month ago, but it ended up being a bit of a fuss getting it uploaded onto YouTube - it was a case of video quality, as well as getting it properly into the 16x9 (although mine is actually in 1.85:1 - hence the tiny slivers of black above and below the video image) - it's not a case of me not knowing how, Sony Vegas makes it simple - it was just getting the ideal file type, quality and size to go along with the true widescreen setting.

I had a couple (or three, I think) failed uploads - well, failed in my eyes anyway, because the quality just looked awful - either too low and therefore blocky, or the black was all washed out and looking grey, or the widescreen setting wasn't translating.

Those were mostly all on smaller files - so I ended up rendering it out as a widescreen MPEG-2, which also got rid of two glitches I was experiencing with the lower quality versions, on top of the other aforementioned problems.

So indeed, an MPEG-2 at almost 170mb in size - so for the first time, you can actually watch one of my videos, not only in true widescreen so it fills the YouTube window, but also "High Quality" ... mind you, for the sake of trimming the size by 20 or 30 megabytes, I lowered the resolution to 640x480 instead of the usual 720x576 or whatever - these sizes, in Vegas, getting trimmed vertically - like a butcher might slice off a bit of fat, Vegas just slices off the black bars and only puts out the actual moving picture part.

I know, a lot of technical mumbo-jumbo, but thought I'd explain - so anyway, enjoy the updated show-reel, which now features a bunch of new footage from some recent projects ... in fact, this show-reel covers stuff that I've done from 2003 through 2008, so there's five years worth of stuff all crammed into four and a half minutes ... have some of that then. Enjoy.

No comments: