Monday 1 October 2007

Woodcock-in-the-mouth...

Crude joke? Sure - but better than what was on offer in "Mr Woodcock". I know, I know...maybe it seems like I watch a hell of a lot of shit movies sometimes, but I don't really...however I did watch "Mr Woodcock" and it was a load of old cock, that's for sure.

It literally was a case of 'all the best bits were in the trailer', which I always considered a bit of a harsh and wise-arse term, but in this case it's honestly true. I actually laughed at the film's trailer prior to seeing "Run, Fatboy, Run" (which was actually good), but those gags were about the only gags in the film, let alone gags worth laughing at in the film.

It felt like a desperate reach to recreate the brilliance of "Bad Santa", but with the lude japes of "American Pie", but it just wasn't funny - a comedy without any jokes, a comedy which wastes the talent on offer - those involved either struggling to find work or being left floating in the water waiting for something to do.

Still...at least it makes me appreciate good movies even more - so it's not entirely useless...

...

And now - onwards to see "A Bridge Too Far" which I've had sitting on a VHS taped-off-TV for years, and then a re-barge through the Rambo trilogy to refresh my memory prior to the excellent-looking "John Rambo" next year (if you haven't seen the gore-drenched teaser, go and YouTube it up now - a freaking anti-aircraft canon blasting a dude in the face at point blank range - that's what I'm freaking talking about!)

No comments: